Mario Balotelli finally escapes after a disastrous spell with Liverpool, David Luiz is back at Chelsea, Wilfried Bony to Stoke, and Juan Cuadrado returns to Juve for a 3-year loan (what?).
Recent deadline days are usually filled with loan deals and little else, but this year’s August Transfer Deadline will have many teams feeling pretty good about themselves. However, the big names mentioned above aren’t the deals that we think are the most impactful.
Below are the top 5 transfers that we predict will have a significant impact for this Premier League campaign.
5. Marcos Alonso to Chelsea: Some say David Luiz is more of a liability at the back than an asset. So adding Alonso is a solid insurance-buy in case the Blues need defensive reinforcements. He provides depth and experience for their back line and will fit well in Antonio Conte‘s system.
4. Enner Valencia to Everton (loan with option to buy): A partnership with Romelu Lukaku could end up being one of the Premier League’s most lethal attacking force. Everton will cause problems for many Premier League back lines.
3. Moussa Sissoko to Tottenham: On Wednesday, Everton was confident in their efforts to sign him going as far as sending a private jet to pick him up. Sissoko however, opted to sign a 5-year deal with the Spurs. Sissoko can provide devastating strength and speed in the midfield if he is utilized properly.
2. Jack Wilshere to Bournemouth (loan): For the Cherries to successfully bring Jack Wilshere to the Vitaly Stadium provides excitement for a number of reasons. If he stays healthy, he will play a significant role in shaping Bournemouth’s season as they have added a highly talented midfielder.
1. Islam Slimani to Leicester: Slimani brings attacking prowess and depth to this Leicester side along with Mahrez, Vardy, and Musa. He will come useful considering the Foxes are participating in Europe as well. At 29, Vardy will get the proper rest he needs.